Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 08:44:16 +0000

On 2011/11/01 08:25:48, mike_apollinemike.com wrote:
Given that the 0.6 skyline horizontal padding is,
according to the comment above it, only intended to block ledger lines
from
overlapping a bar line, I think that this blocking effect it has on
horizontal
spacing is an unintended side effect.  So, unless anyone has arguments
for why
the old behavior should be kept, I think this is an acceptable (and
even
desirable) consequence of this patch.

I have no clue about this issue at all, but reading this comment
triggered my keyword-based interferometer.

A principal reason for skyline horizontal padding was to avoid long
stemmed notes from adjacent staffgroups from interlocking.

While interlocking is usually desired between voices and reasonably
appropriate inside of a pianostaff staffgroup with default clefs (!!!!),
it is usually wrong between independent instruments and totally wrong
between broken lines.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5323062/