Re: git cl config question

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: git cl config question
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:08:40 +0000

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:56:19PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
>> What should I provide as the Tree status and ViewVC URLs to git cl
>> config?  The CG says "If you do not understand any question, just
>> answer with a newline (CR)" but presumably if I leave these blank then
>> I'll miss out on some functionality?
>
> No clue.  I've always omitted them, and I haven't noticed any
> missing functionality -- but then again, I'm not at all demanding
> in my git usage.

OK, thanks.  Next question - any ideas what's going on here?

$ git cl upload origin/dev/staging
 scripts/build/output-distance.py |   65 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
Waiting for Emacs...
No output from ['hg', 'parent', '-q']

Also, please let me know if I'm incorrectly assuming I should be using
dev/staging as the reference branch rather than master.