Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:35:52 -0700

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:02:57 -0700, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

I agree it would be nice to change this, but did you really see the
problem in real music?

It's the lyrics.  There are some very high notes where the lyrics don't tuck
under the barline, which required me to make some extra-offset overrides
(blech).

You are mis-remembering.  Overriding #'extra-offset just moves individual items
so it would leave the extra horizontal space, and I don't see any in your link.

The bug happens when the piece is entirely hight notes. (I should add some
intelligence to handle this case, so that we can use 'skyline-vertical-padding
without this annoyance.)  Any single protrusion below the staff anywhere in the
piece lets the lyrics slide under.

\paper{ragged-right = ##t}
<<\new Staff \new Voice = "a" {c''2 g'' \break g''1 g''2 g''2}
\new Lyrics { \lyricsto "a" \lyricmode { he will go straight through } } >>