Re: Issues 1503 and 1572 - improved jazz chord support. (issue 5343050)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Issues 1503 and 1572 - improved jazz chord support. (issue 5343050)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:13:27 +0000

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 08:13:46PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I am not in favor of the tab-to-space change in
> scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm, since we don't yet have agreement on
> removing tabs from .scm files, AFAICS.

True, but I assume that other parts of the patch set depend on
this, and high-quality work, so I vote for turning a blind eye to
this change and accepting the patch set.

> We may not want to have the syntax in the texidoc.  We try to avoid
> "talking through the code" in the NR; I think it's probably a good idea
> to keep the same policy in the regression tests.

We have either an official or semi-official policy that developers
can do whatever the mao they want in the regression tests.
They're not documentation, no user should ever see them, so as
long as it's clear what is being tested and what the output should
look like (if there's doubt), it's not worth fussing about their
texidocs.