Re: make doc failure on fresh build tree

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: make doc failure on fresh build tree
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 05:59:15 +0000

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11-11-07 12:46 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Neil Puttock<address@hidden>  wrote:

>>> I've just finished building the docs without incident.
>>
>> I ran it again without -j2 and it completed fine.  *shrug*

> ISTR there's a long standing problem with forking make doc, although the
> initial make to [roduce the binaries seems not to mind.

Yes there is or 'was' I've noticed that in the last few days I have
been running make -j7 I have *not* been getting those weird
'authors.texi' type errors or those 'file not found' type problems
that 'go away' running make again.

Every patch that has applied has passed make with no issues at all.
Whereas previously I'd have to run make twice nearly every time. So I
wonder if any recent build changes have made the difference.

James