Pushing patches to staging

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Pushing patches to staging
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 18:38:55 -0000

At some point in the near future, I'll need to push a CG patch to update the bug squad rota. My understanding is that this should now be done to dev/staging rather than master. I've read David's note about how to do this, and wonder whether that's all necessary for a simple patch that's in my master branch and which I'm not too concerned about.

a) could someone provide some really simple git-novice level instructions about how to do this?
b) I don't think this is currently in the CG -  should I add it?

--
Phil Holmes