Re: Fixes footnote automatic numbering. (issue 4877041)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes footnote automatic numbering. (issue 4877041)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:12:37 -0500

On Nov 17, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 08:57:26AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
>> Of course, it'd be great if during the compilation stage some
>> tool could do a scan for all get/set property/object calls in
>> LilyPond (in .ly, .scm, and .cc documents) and crash the
>> compilation if called properties lack interfaces and/or
>> docstrings.  This seems like a separate (and less pressing)
>> issue from the memleak, however.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if some of the warnings from gcc and/or
> clang and/or valgrind point to such a problem.  Of course,
> actually cleaning up all those warnings in all those programs
> could take anywhere from 10 to 100 hours -- such a task is likely
> to involve a lot of plumbing in the dark and wishfully-forgotten
> parts of lilypond (notably stuff in flower/ ).  It would be great
> if somebody wanted to undertake such archeology, though.
>
> - Graham

As part of the solution, I've put together a patch that does documenting of
some undocumented objects.  I'll post this in the not-too-distant future.

Here are all of the explicitly referenced properties and objects that I could
find that have no documentation.  Not surprisingly, most of them are for Probs,
which for some reason are not documented at all (is this Prob-lematic?).

PROBS
foot-stencil
first-markup-line
bottom-space