Re: Make merge rests on positioning work

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Make merge rests on positioning work
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:20:21 +0100

On 20 November 2011 17:40, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> […]
>
> I had no problems compiling the LSR-Snippet with "2.14.2" and "2.15.13".  Of
> course this snippet doesn't define merging MultiMeasureRests.
>
> […]
>
> Also, I didn't notice any problem with the code given by Wilbert when using
> "2.14.2".

You are right.  I was looking at the MMR and did not realize the rest
was actually merged!  We have an expression for that in French:
"Je n'avais pas les yeux en face des trous".  ;-P

> In the code below I integrated Neil's suggestion making the second MMR
> transparent. (To avoid printing a second MultiMeasureNumber I made the
> second number transparent manually. As Neil remarked an engraver would be
> better, but this is beyond my knowledge.)
> But with "2.15.13" there is a difference between merging a single MMR and
> merging \compressFullBarRests R1*9. Perhaps a bug?
>
> I added some conditions reading out the measure-count and the used
> lilypond-version to deal with the behaviour of the different versions.
>
> It's a hack, but I hope it will work with "2.14." and "2.15". Please let me
> know.

Thanks!
That works, and that works great AFAICS.  I have sent in the the French
users mailing list.

Cheers,
Xavier

--