Re: GOP-PROP 13: patch management tools

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 13: patch management tools
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 01:55:15 +0100

On 2011-11-30 23:27, address@hidden wrote:
Having participated in or followed a number of free software projects
(both GNU and other) over the years, I don't know of *any* besides
LilyPond that uses a dedicated patch review tool. (Including the very
largest ones, such as Linux or GCC.) Reviews are done almost exclusively
by email -- and quite frankly, I don't see why anything else would be
preferred for the actual review. The only problem is tracking the status
of patches *afterwards*...

KDE uses reviewboard... Until a few years ago, patch reviews were only done for patches by newcomers, and that went over the mailing lists. But now more and more features are reviewed on reviewboard.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886