Re: lilydev 2.0

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: lilydev 2.0
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 06:09:22 -0600

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:35:36AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
>> I could probably do it again. Maybe Debian would be better base so it
>> wouldn't need upgrading as much?
>
> This upgrade is to match our changing development requirements,
> i.e. fontforge 20110222 --enable-double, astyle 2.02, having the
> user profile set up with $LILYPOND_GIT, etc.  Not because of any
> problems in ubuntu 10.04 itself.

Ok I can make these changes to the current setup. Haven't heard of
$LILYPOND_GIT but I guess it's in the CG so I'll take a look.

> oh wait, were you referring to Ubuntu's frequent security updates?
> Well, I suppose that Debian probably has fewer... but I'd rather
> stay with ubuntu.  All our windows contributors are accustomed to
> it by now, and there's plenty of newbie-oriented help online for
> ubuntu.

I suggested it mainly b/c Ubuntu has very different UI in new
releases, the Unity DE. For ubuntu 12.04 (next LTS release coming in
spring) we may want to switch to xfce or switch to Debian completely.
I can do whatever y'all want.

Anyway I'll get started updating the 10.04 lilydev today, probably
have a new iso in next day or so.
Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp