Re: Positioning of two voices is inconsistent

From: James
Subject: Re: Positioning of two voices is inconsistent
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:19:03 +0000

David,

On 11 December 2011 15:05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> James <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >

> > \version "2.14.1"
> >
> >  { << { e'1 } \\ { e'''1 } >> |  }
> >  { << { e'''1 } \\ { e'1 } >> |  }
> >
> >  { << { e'1 } \\ { e''1 } >> |  }
> >  { << { e''1 } \\ { e'1 } >> |  }
> >
> >  { << { e'1 } \\ { e1 } >> |  }
> >  { << { e1 } \\ { e'1 } >> |  }
> >
> > I don't understand why the notes are not aligned in all cases.
>
> Your newsreader litters the source with unbreakable spaces.  Makes it
> harder to work with.

Hmm...

I'm just using gmail on chrome

Is this better?

\version "2.14.1"

{ << { e'1 } \\ { e'''1 } >> | }
{ << { e'''1 } \\ { e'1 } >> | }
{ << { e'1 } \\ { e''1 } >> | }

(I explicitly converted his email to plain text in gmail - it still
looks the same my side)

> > Is this expected engraving/LP behaviour?
>
> Well, try it with stemmed notes.  Does it make it clearer?

Yes I see. Thanks. I don't often use multiple 'voices' in my music and
find that 'chorded' notes is enough for my needs.

James