Re: center NoteColumn

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: center NoteColumn
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:59:45 -0600

Hi Harm,

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

thanks for doing this! I did the next step to simplify the definition,
with defining "read-out".

Yes, this condenses the function quite a bit.

Thinking about the problem some more, I came up with a way to find the grobs to either side of the note column without creating and manipulating alists.  I take the filtered list of grobs you created with "read-out," then sort it directly by X-coordinate in ascending order; the bounding grobs are then adjacent in the list.

I get the same results with your examples.  I didn't work out all the conditions so I'm sure it's easily breakable :)

-David