Re: staging breakage

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: staging breakage
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:29:10 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Dec 26, 2011, at 10:03 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I've isolated a build-breaking commit to at least one of the 3
>>> that's in the
>>>    staging-broken-dec-26
>>> branch.  Tomorrow I'll do some more experiments on the other build
>>> patches to see if any of those can be merged to master.
>>>
>>> origin/staging should be empty right now, so other patches to it
>>> are welcome.
>>
>> Uh, empty appears to be the right expression.
>> <URL:http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/refs/>
>>

> Hey Graham,
>
> What should be the procedure for pushing patches while all this is
> being sorted out?  Should we hold off until we get an all-clear from
> you?

I interpret "other patches to it are welcome" as a basic all-clear, but
it would likely be prudent to refrain from any patches that would be in
conflict with the three build system related patches sitting in

   git log origin..origin/staging-broken-dec-26

as long as there is no clear verdict about what to do with those.
Committing patches touching the same files would make it harder to sort
out the problems with those.

I think I'll push a new staging equal to master in the next minutes as
this appears to be the intent of Graham, and then things can move on.