Re: T2026: Use new (scm markup-facility-defs) scheme module for markup c

From: dak
Subject: Re: T2026: Use new (scm markup-facility-defs) scheme module for markup commands. (issue 5464045)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:05:39 +0000

One problem that I keep having is that I fail to see any documentation
of how this is supposedly interacting with the module system.

What module are user-defined markup functions placed in?  Previously,
this would have been a module local to the compilation unit.  It looks
like there are multiple lookups going on, yet the local module is
supposedly starting out as a copy of the lily module.

So where would be the documentation about what happens with macros when
and where?  What is the difference between code within Lilypond, and
code in user documents?

Without that information, neither developers nor users can be expected
to continue working with confidence.  It is also not clear to me whether
macro definitions will bleed between multiple compilation units on the
command line.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5464045/