Re: Update lilygit.tcl (Issue 2092) (issue 5504092)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Update lilygit.tcl (Issue 2092) (issue 5504092)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:47:04 +0000

On 2011/12/29 08:31:38, dak wrote:

It would seem to me that this button need only appear when you have
told the
configuration (is there one?)

Not for lily-git.tcl specifically, but there _is_ something it checks
wen you run it; for instance if you use it for the very first time it
knows you have not done (effectively)

git config --global user.name/user.email

and prompts you to fill in those two entries by popping up a small GUI
to fill in. So for push access lilygit could check for the 'ssh://' line
in .git/config as, according to the CG, you have to set up for ssh with
git manually anyway. So I am assuming that without this line in the
.git/config you couldn't push even if you were an experienced dev. Then
maybe the button could be greyed out (like they all are except 'update'
the very first time you run it).

Just a thought.

James

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504092/