GUB Build Success!

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: GUB Build Success!
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 20:43:05 +0000

I have successfully built lilypond with GUB on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

I have the following files in the uploads directories:

address@hidden:~/src/gub$ ls uploads
lilypond-2.15.24-1.darwin-ppc.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.documentation.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.freebsd-64.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.freebsd-x86.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.linux-64.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.linux-ppc.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.linux-x86.sh
address@hidden:~/src/gub$ ls uploads
lilypond-2.15.24-1.darwin-ppc.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.documentation.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.freebsd-64.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.freebsd-x86.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.linux-64.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.linux-ppc.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.linux-x86.sh
lilypond-2.15.24-1.mingw.exe
lilypond-2.15.24-1.test-output.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.webdoc.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24.tar.gz
localdoc
signatures
webdoc
webtest

lilypond-2.15.24-1.test-output.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24-1.webdoc.tar.bz2
lilypond-2.15.24.tar.gz
localdoc
signatures
webdoc
webtest

I have made one change to the spec files (the location of netpm on lilypond.org
has changed), and I did a couple of manual downloads, so I'm not sure yet that
GUB is ready to build out-of-the-box.  But I have demonstrated that I can get
all the way through it.

Thanks for your help, Graham.  In particular, the reminder to check the
logfiles when the process hung was very helpful as I moved forward.

Next step: do a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04 and start over again with my test
instructions to make sure I've captured everything I did.

Thanks,

Carl