Re: Segfault 2.15.23 Span_bar_stub_engraver

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Segfault 2.15.23 Span_bar_stub_engraver
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 21:15:52 -0700

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:
> mike <at> apollinemike.com <mike <at> apollinemike.com> writes:
>> Some meh news: I don't get a segfault ...
>> Maybe someone else could give it a look?
>
> I can't produce the segfault, either.

Strange I can consistently reproduce it (just pulled the latest and
recompiled): Ubuntu 11.10, gcc 4.6.1.

> When I put a debug print at span-bar-stub-engraver.cc:119
> and run your file (with the engraver re-enabled) I never reach that line!

Again odd. I put a printf (followed by a flush) and it is printed.

> Mike, Maybe it is the empty \new Dynamics {} inside the PianoStaff in Jay's
> score?  A print at line 109 shows that LilyPond is considering the empty
> Dynamics for inclusion in affected_contexts_.  Maybe we are testing
> de-allocated memory?

This may be right. I haven't filled in the dynamics yet (so it's still
empty), but adding spacer rests over the whole piece makes the
segfault and the added print go away. This is at least a better
solution than removing the engraver.

(I played around with this idea (empty dynamics) attempting to make a
small example without any luck though.)

Thank's for taking a look.

-----Jay