Re: Documentation for the PDF produced by Lilypond

From: Felix Kugel
Subject: Re: Documentation for the PDF produced by Lilypond
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 18:14:22 +0100

Hi James,

thanks for that link.

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/internals/index.html

I'm about to write an interactive application for prima vista reading
(in Java). I want to color played (and wrongly played) note heads, but
the roundtrip from lilypond source to PDF is too slow for real-time.
BTW, does anyone know such an open source project?

My idea is to render the score once with all noteheads in black, and
then quickly alter colors directly in the PDF, without going through
Lilypond.

Using PDF manipulation libraries, i want to locate specific note head
PDF objects and change their color. Therefore, i need to know the
specific PDF structure produced by Lilypond, some kind of schema like
a class diagram.

Of course it would be more convenient to use Lilypond's programmatic
interfaces in-memory from Java, maybe the roundtrip could be fast
enough for small scores. But i didn't investigate so far.

Felix