Re: Doc: NR Section on Upbeats made clearer (issue 5520056)

From: graham
Subject: Re: Doc: NR Section on Upbeats made clearer (issue 5520056)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 05:08:58 +0000

I like some of the changes here, but I have serious doubts about others.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
File Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1353
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1353: \time 6/8
huh?!  why is this easier to understand than \partial 4 ?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1355
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1355: e8 | a4 c8 b[ c b] |
what on earth does manual beaming have to do with a \partial?  How does
that improve this example?

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1366
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1366: The @code{\partial
@var{duration}} can also be written as;
if this was true, then surely there would be no difference between
\partial and \set blah  after the piece had begun.  However, the
@knownissues claims that you should only use \partial in the beginning.

I think in this case the original material was slightly less misleading.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/