Re: lilypond-book on windows

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: lilypond-book on windows
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:12:28 -0500

On 11/01/2012 6:17 AM, Trevor Daniels wrote:

Graham, you wrote Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:43 AM

Just as a quick check of the ridiculous: could you open up
lilypond-book.py and confirm that line 213 is:
stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
there might be an off-by-one thing happening.

Yes it is.

if that's the case, then try deleting the "subprocess" so that the
line is:
stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)

File "c:\program
files\lilypond\usr\share\lilypond\current\python\book_texinfo
.py", line 215, in get_texinfo_width_indent
stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
NameError: global name 'PIPE' is not defined
Lilypond-book returned code 1

(It's 215 because I inserted a print to be sure my mods were being
actioned)

I doubt that'll fix it, but you never know. When that fails, try:
stdout='PIPE', stderr='PIPE')
It'll probably also fail, but it's worth a shot.

File "c:\program
files\lilypond\usr\share\lilypond\current\python\book_texinfo
.py", line 215, in get_texinfo_width_indent
stdout='PIPE', stderr='PIPE')
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 534, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 607, in _get_handles
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'fileno'
Lilypond-book returned code 1

Trevor

"subprocess.PIPE" is correct syntax since the script uses "import subprocess". If it used "from subprocess import *" then you could just write "PIPE" there.

I would try removing one-by-one the arguments from the subprocess.Popen call, e.g., remove universal_newlines=True, remove shell=True, remove stderr=subprocess.PIPE, etc. one-by-one. See if you get further.

One problem that exists here for sure for windows is the definition of cmd which include "LC_ALL=C texi2pdf ...". LC_ALL is an environment variable that sets the locale. I think this is here to ensure that the output from texi2pdf is in English and can be parsed easily. Setting environment variables in this way does not work on windows. Instead one might add env=something as an argument to the subprocess.Popen call.

Regards,
Julien