Re: lilypond-book windows 4

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book windows 4
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:15:29 +0000

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 08:59:58AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:23 AM
> >http://lilypond.org/~graham/lilypond-2.15.25-4.mingw.exe
>
> Well, not quite.  Two problems:
>
> 1. should be output_filename in lines 224 and 226 in book_texinfo.py

Whoops.  Thanks, fixed.

> 2. the parameter string to texi2pdf is wrong if texi2dvi from MiKTeX
> is used, so cmd needs to be set up differently on Windows platforms.
> I gave the correct string in an earlier note.

You're referring to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-01/msg00474.html
?  I'm not convinced that this is a good change; texi2pdf and
texi2dvi are different programs, and I don't think that we should
assume that the user will rename texi2dvi.exe to texi2pdf.exe.

As long as this solution at least provides the default line-widths
on windows with or without texi2pdf.exe, I think it's worth
merging it into master.  If texi2pdf.exe requires a different
command-line, that can be done in a further commit.

I'll make a -5 now, containing the fixed output_filename and
applying the same method for latex files.