Re: Stable releases

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Stable releases
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:22:06 +0100

On Jan 16, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> I'm open to hearing everybody's opinion.  If we can get consensus it might
> be a powerful motivation for moving to 2.16.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

I think that the major deciding factor will be Guile 2.0 integration.  If Ian
is confident that this cannot happen w/in the next couple months (by
"confident", I mean in light of his own work and work he may be able to farm
out to others), I think we should work to have a stable release out ASAP (all
my critical bug fixes are scheduled for pushing soon).  Personally, I don't
have any plans to change anything major for the next few months - I've more or
less been coasting on bug fixes since the summer.  I don't mind 0 critical
problems being a criteria, so long as the window of 0-ness lasts for a decent
chunk of time (i.e. 1 week).

Alternatively, if Ian sees the light at the end of the tunnel, then it's worth
making Guile 2.0 integration the main target of 2.16.

Cheers,
MS