Re: Tasks remaining for 2.16 release?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Tasks remaining for 2.16 release?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:46:39 +0000

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:33:31PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

> a) feature freeze.  Nothing added that requires documentation changes.

why bother?  the two-week release candidate takes care of this.

> b) get rid of all critical issues

yes

> c) release candidate(s)

yes

> d) proofread the docs for obvious mistakes

no, we've never bothered with that in the past, and this would
push the release back to summer or later

> e) make sure all appropriate regtests are there

no, we've never bothered with that in the past, and this would
push the release back to summer or later

> f) update the snippets for stuff that could now be done easier

no, we've never bothered with that in the past, and this would
push the release back to summer or later

> g) get the translations up to par where there are translation workers

no, we've never bothered with that in the past, and this would
push the release back to 2013 or later

> h) release.

yes

I'd be tempted to add "update LSR to 2.14", but:
a) that's not likely to happen due to lack of interest amongst
active users (this isn't a developer-only task!)
b) we've never bothered with that before