Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:41:54 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> So check it out at least once it is in Patch-review orderly.  That
>> means that it is regtest-clean, but that does not mean that a
>> feature change will make its main users happy.
>
> OK.  BTW, I've meant staging, not master.  Sorry for the thinko.

Same thing.  Once it is in staging, it will move forward _automatically_
to master potentially within hours unless there is a compilation/testing
error.  And, outdated hardware or not, with few exceptions I tend to
make pretty sure that I don't mess up in that area.

I would prefer a conscious decision over "it was in Patch-review, so it
moved into Patch-countdown, and because still nobody bothered to even
look at it, it ended up in master, and now nobody can usefully work with
q anymore in 2.16".