staging patchy problem.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: staging patchy problem.
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 10:43:49 +0100

Hi,

for some reason unfathomable to me, the staging patchy contains the
following code in compile_lilypond_test.py:

        ### update its own master
        run("git fetch")
        run("git checkout master")
        run("git rebase origin/master")

This is a _total_ nuisance.  All of the rest of staging patchy's
operation does not meddle with the work directory of the given
repository, does not meddle with the index, and does not meddle with
local branches (except for the two branches maintained explicitly for
testing).  If it were not for that nonsense, one would not need an extra
repository for staging patchy on a cron job.

This was added as

commit 42980f8b6e677be8bb4e2c44f970efd947bc8f4e