Q: patchy-test and patchy-merge

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Q: patchy-test and patchy-merge
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:57:59 -0000

My current patchy understanding of patchy is that patchy-merge runs make and make test, and if these are OK then it pushes staging to master. AFAICS from the code, it requires quick_make=True to do a doc build and regtest comparison, and this is false for the normal run.

It's the job of patchy-test to check that a patch is OK to consider for pushing to staging, and this includes make doc and a regtest comparison.

So the process flow should be: patch goes for review. It should be reviewed by relevant devs and by patchy-test and should receive a "autobot says LGTM" before getting counted down and receiving permission to push. It's pushed to staging and gets the less rigorous testing from patchy-merge but sufficient to ensure make is (almost) guaranteed to work on master.

Probably wrong, but my best guess to date.

--
Phil Holmes