Re: google summer of code

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: google summer of code
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:33:18 +0000

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 09:59:12AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > So, are there any reasons not to do it?
>
> I don't think so.

Time+effort required to write a proposal.  Would you be happy
delaying the 2.16 for, say, a month, while we spend effort writing
that proposal (which may or may not be accepted) ?  When all's
said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked out to that
much effort.

> > In particular, do you think we might have problems with availability
> > of mentors?
>
> If the student does not expect the mentor to be dragging him all the way
> (and LilyPond is not exactly beginner's terrain), I don't see much of a
> problem here.  Maybe I am naive.

The mentor is expected to spend some amount of time with the
student.  Maybe it's one hour per week; maybe it's an hour each
working day.  I'm not certain -- check their FAQ.