Re: Final redirection of texi output (issue 5650064)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Final redirection of texi output (issue 5650064)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:56:52 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:20 PM

address@hidden writes:

Reviewers: dak, Graham Percival, Julien Rioux,

Message:
Latest GOP 9 make doc reduction - please review.

I've opened a new issue to avoid confusion.  AFAICS this redirects all
the output from texi2pdf, makeinfo and tex2html to logfiles.  I've used
Julien and David's suggestion of getting rid of --batch and --quiet, and
it turns of the < /dev/null isn't needed when texi2pdf is run like this.
 make; make doc is good.

You might be mistaken here.  make -j... calls some processes with closed
stdin, but it is not predictable which processes these are.  So before
you come to this conclusion, try it with a single-job make.

Great catch, thanks. without -jX it froze, as you say, waiting keyboard input. New patch set uploaded including /dev/null which does not have this problem.

--
Phil Holmes