Re: git repository for osx-lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: git repository for osx-lilypond
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:36:51 +0000

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 09:39:59PM +0100, Christian Hitz wrote:

> Am 11.02.2012 um 19:57 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
>
> > Yes, and I'm aware of that two-line fix.  It gives ppc support, but I
> > think it also gives a bad version of LilyPond when the About menu item is
> > checked.  I may be wrong on this.  I want to check the sources before I
> > make the final decision.
>
> The app bundle contains the version that was current at the time of the
> creation of the bundle.
> If I understood GUB correctly the version should be corrected in the
> Info.plist file when building the installer package right here:
>
> https://github.com/janneke/gub/blob/master/gub/installer.py#L341

Hmm, that's a good place to start!  It's possible that simple
replacing that 2.11.41 with whatever the current build uses
(2.14.2, I think?) would make it work.

Granted, that's a fragile solution that requires changing whenever
the osx-lilypad build is updated.

> But when I compare these instructions to the version strings I have put
> into the 0.6 bundle, it becomes clear why the version is not being updated:
>
> - for the Info.plist I omitted the build suffix (only 2.15.22 instead of
> 2.15.22-1)
> - at some time I have bumped the version string in Credits.html and
>   Welcome-to-LilyPond-MacOS.ly to 2.14 but installer.py expects 2.12
>
> Should I tune osx-lilypad-universal-0.6.tar.gz to be compatible with GUB's
> installer.py?

I don't know.  As an aside, another place to look is
gub/specs/osx-lilypad.py
I don't think that the darwin-related commands in
gub/specs/lilypond.py are relevant, but I could be wrong.

Not relevant to the osx stuff, but in case anybody is curious: the
windows lilypad is buitl from gub/specs/lilypad.py