Re: make dist broken

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: make dist broken
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:18:02 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:04 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:55 PM

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 08:24:23PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
I did look, but in the end it was easier to find the problem by
looking at what happened in make dist.
Documentation/lang/GNUmakefile has a line like:

SUBDIRS = essay learning notation texidocs usage web extending included

which lists the subdirectories.  I'm 99% certain that adding include
to the "new" languages will fix the problem.

So am I.

You want me to do this, test and push to staging then master via
patchy?

Yes.

FWIW I can't _really_ check, because my system doesn't have
a rule for distcheck, but I can check the tarball from make dist.

Don't bother checking.  Just stick it in staging and run
staging-merge.

- Graham

I checked with a make dist, and the files are in the tarball. Pushed to staging and patchy is running.

--
Phil Holmes

OK -as remarked in my previous mail patchy-merge fails with:

Success:  nice make test -j9 CPU_COUNT=9
*** FAILED BUILD ***
nice make doc -j9 CPU_COUNT=9
Previous good commit: bf7bb9a675ece83b468c84b499b1546db0f995e6
Current broken commit: ff5127b57881478bc27ea3321e473c5d0d78d983

I currently have no idea why this is. I've pulled staging to a clean distro and make doc runs fine. It's too late for me to do anything tonight and I'm working tomorrow, so it'll be tomorrow evening until I can contribute again. If anyone can see what's happening in the meantime, I'd appreciate it. For me, I'll next concentrate on better diagnostics from patchy-staging - I can't see why it failed.

--
Phil Holmes