Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:08:48 +0100

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:50 AM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2012, at 12:07 AM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> dynamic texts aren't skylined, their outlines are still rectangles.
>
> The issue is that dynamics are created via Pango and thus I can only use
> rectangles
> for the time being.  A separate issue in the tracker can be opened for
> redoing dynamics
> so that they used a series of named-glyph stencils.

Hmm.  But what about custom dynamics created using
make-dynamic-script?
(http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-attached-to-notes#new-dynamic-marks)
I mean, isn't Pango necessary to create them?  If so, it seems to me
that what you suggest will result in having two types of dynamics:
simple stencil dynamics and advanced Pango dynamics.  This doesn't
sound good to me.
I think the question is: should we rather try to "break inside Pango"
to be able to create precise outlines for everything that is processed
by Pango?  The advantage of this approach would be that lyrics and
markups would be skylined even better.

cheers,
Janek