Re: old source tarballs

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: old source tarballs
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:29:50 -0000

Valentin Villenave wrote Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:05 PM

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
Umm, no? I mean, literally no? Other than the first+last
releases of each stable branch, those files are gone.

Then I'm sorry to hear that. In case my honest opinion matters (hint:
it doesn't), I think you screwed up big time on this. It wouldn't have
taken much to do a local backup (hell, I could have launched a wget on
my server and we'd have a whole clone by now).

I agree. Many times I've used old binaries to track down faults to a small range of commits. Can't do it now, although I do have quite
a few mingw binaries for 11, 13 and 15 stashed away.

Valentin - could they not be retrieved from backup if you ask
nicely?

Trevor