Re: Fix crash when unknown grob name is passed to ly:engraver-make-grob

From: plroskin
Subject: Re: Fix crash when unknown grob name is passed to ly:engraver-make-grob (issue 5715053)
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 01:22:31 +0000

There are only two calls to scm_throw in Lilypond, and I could not find
out whether it should be added to engraver.cc or engraver-scheme.cc.  I
added it to the former so that other callers to
Engraver::internal_make_grob could benefit.  I could not figure out how
to catch an exception.  Without catching, I'm getting:

GNU LilyPond 2.15.32
Processing `bad.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
fatal error: failed files: "bad.ly"

The warning "cannot create grob" is not shown, and neither is the name
of the grob that caused it.  I could put is before the exception, but
this is different from the style on the existing code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5715053/