Re: Patchy up and running now

From: James
Subject: Re: Patchy up and running now
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 11:42:30 +0000

Hello,

On 4 March 2012 11:10, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 08:10:59AM +0000, James wrote:
>> Anyway, I'm back at home this evening and will have a few more test
>> runs (with cron just to make sure I can leave it unattended) and then
>> by Monday I should be running 'lilypond-patchy-staging.py' as often as
>> people want me to. Any specific schedule?
>
> I suggest either every 12 hours or every 6 hours.  If we had other
> systems running cron then it might be nice to spread the load by
> staggering the runs, but it sounds like Phil only runs it manually
> after booting that machine.

Sounds good. I'll aim for the 00:00/06:00/12:00/18:00 schedule. If
Phil doesn't mind I can add him as a cc on the email so he can just
check that over his morning cornflakes (when I'll either be in bed or
at work depending) and see if he got one or not. Then he'll know if it
was X hours since an email or X hours since the merge failed. Then
decide if he wants to run it manually to catch up or perhaps if
someone does break something and then fix it in the 6 hour window he
can merge it himself?

> It would be nice if somebody else
> with a fast computer could set it up as well, just so that more
> people know how to do it... but it seems like the CG is relatively
> good at explaining patchy staging-merge, so I'm not too fussed
> about that now.

Once I have it up and running I'll take a look at the patchy
instructions as I'd like to add some finer points (for n00bs like me -
i.e. how NOT to send Graham emails every 2 minutes while you struggle
to get it working :) and confuse Mr Kastrup at the same time ).

James