Re: MacOS X development and support

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: MacOS X development and support
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 23:51:57 +0100

2012/3/5 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> I'd do this in this way: when the installer installs LilyPond, ask the
> user if he wants to install Frescobaldi too.  Thus, we won't make our
> installer larger and won't have to compile Frescobaldi on our own.

Then you wouldn't be able to do offline installations. (And it would
add more complexity to the installer; NSIS can do that pretty easily
on Windows, but I'm highly doubtful when it comes to Mac and
GNU/Linux.)

If anything, I think it's _Frescobaldi_ that should include a recent
LilyPond build. Not sure if Wilbert has enough available co-developers
to handle it, though. (Much less for multiple platforms.)

Anyway: please tell me if I should update my "job offer" for a Mac OS
X maintainer on the latest LilyReport :-)

Cheers,
Valentin.