Re: Uses derived_mark to avoid segfault (issue 5729051)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Uses derived_mark to avoid segfault (issue 5729051)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:23:28 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729051/diff/6001/lily/span-bar-stub-engraver.cc
File lily/span-bar-stub-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729051/diff/6001/lily/span-bar-stub-engraver.cc#newcode35
lily/span-bar-stub-engraver.cc:35: these four contexts.
On 2012/03/04 21:35:57, Keith wrote:
You said later that only two SpanBarStubs are created, so
"creation of SpanBarStubs will be contemplated in each of these four
contexts."

Fixed.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729051/diff/6001/lily/span-bar-stub-engraver.cc#newcode160
lily/span-bar-stub-engraver.cc:160: // removes all unused contexts
On 2012/03/06 12:19:04, dak wrote:
On 2012/03/04 10:47:17, Neil Puttock wrote:
> Is it feasible to listen for RemoveContext instead?  At least then
you only
need
> to rebuild axis_groups_ when contexts die.

I'd second this suggestion.  It should give more reliable lifetimes,
and also
cause a better correlation of "parsed object should be dead" messages
with
realities.

Unfortunately this is not possible.  I tried, but it looks like
listeners in the way you're talking about are not possible in engravers.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5729051/