[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: dropping support for osx 10.4 x86

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: dropping support for osx 10.4 x86
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 19:57:32 +0000
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 07:51:20PM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
> If somebody can make 10.4-x86 work, then it would be great to
> officially support it again in the future.  However, I think
> that's too far away; delaying 2.16.0 for that doesn't make sense.

oops, I should delay all emails by 5 minutes or something.

In case anybody thinks I'm being unfair to osx users: one of the
strongest reasons to move forward with 2.16 right now is so that
we can get a stable lilypond in the hands of 10.7 users.  Or, to
put it in my terms, "to make those annoying 'why doesn't lilypond
run on 10.7?' people shut up".

This decision is a balance between 10.7 users vs. 10.4-x86 users;
the sanity of main developers vs. other stuff, etc.  I think that
moving forward with 2.16 is the right thing to do.

- Graham

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]