Re: [patch] Fix mordents and pralltriller in articulate.ly

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: [patch] Fix mordents and pralltriller in articulate.ly
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:15:15 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:41 PM

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:25:40PM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, I think this one is simple enough to push directly.

Shall i do this?
And shall i not ask next time? ;)

If you are certain that it will cause no problems, and willing to
take responsibility if it does cause problems after all.

I guess my view would be that you should never push to staging unless you've had a successful make, make doc. I think you could probably add make test to that list. If you think it's uncontroversial and passes those tests, then push to staging. In principle, this makes patchy redundant. In practice, I was still bitten when I had a snippet added on my system which wasn't in git - so patchy still prevents problems to master.

--
Phil Holmes