Re: log files not deleted by doc-clean

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: log files not deleted by doc-clean
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:55:16 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julien Rioux" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:45 PM

On 26/02/2012 8:30 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:
Not sure if that's a good thing or not - it could be argued that you can

You just need to back them up before issuing the make clean.

FWIW the CG says: "In some cases, it is possible to clean the compiled
documentation with 'make doc-clean', but this method is not guaranteed
to fix everything. Instead, we recommend that you delete your 'build/'
directory, and begin compiling from scratch. "
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/generating-documentation#documentation-editor_0027s-edit_002fcompile-cycle)

What the CG gives is a workaround for potential bugs in the build system. I do think the build is in pretty good shape now, so that also make clean should work. Any case where the sequence make doc; make doc-clean; make doc fails should be reported as a bug. If they are not reported there's little chance that they will be fixed.

Regards,
Julien

2 new issues added to capture these.

--