Re: Axis group interface ignores column rank for pure-from-neighbor-inte

From: dak
Subject: Re: Axis group interface ignores column rank for pure-from-neighbor-interface (issue 5843063)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:22:26 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5843063/diff/7/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5843063/diff/7/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode437
scm/output-lib.scm:437: (let* ((height (ly:grob-pure-height grob grob 0
10000000))
On 2012/03/21 07:05:50, MikeSol wrote:
On 2012/03/21 05:58:42, Keith wrote:
> The C code uses INT_MAX to represent the end of the whole score, so
it would
be
> nice to use the same here, if possible.

There'd have to be a constant defined for INT_MAX in guile.  I believe
that
INT_MAX can change between computers (not sure if it's the compiler or
system
that does this).  Probably worth doing in a separate commit where
INT-MAX is
defined in the same place as all of the PI constants and then plugged
anywhere
where there's a large integer.

INT_MAX would be a stupid constant to use in Scheme since it rather
certainly does not fit in a single cell and thus does not have an
efficient representation.

If we need such a thing, we should pick an arbitrary large constant that
is large enough to do the job and small enough not to trigger multi-cell
representations in any Guile implementation.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5843063/