Re: Parsed object should be dead

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parsed object should be dead
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:41:57 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm getting a lot of:
>>
>> programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static
>> scm_unused_struct* Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
>> continuing, cross fingers
>>
>> from current master.  Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> I have not gotten lots of it, but I _did_ get one on the graphviz
> stuff.  What you are seeing (as well as the graphviz report) is likely
> connected with
> commit e9f23376b8bac1ae6b776d944469712c983e844c

Well, I just investigated some more, and I _should_ have been seeing a
lot more, actually.  Those messages are generated for object types that
have an ASSERT_LIVE_IS_ALLOWED() in their mark procedure since they are
not supposed to survive the existence of their parser.  The whole point
of my commit, however, is to let some objects (like context definitions
and context mods) travel from the first initialization run into the next
session.  I'll have to see whether I can come up with something that
makes an exception for the saved init data.