Re: LSR is now on 2.14

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LSR is now on 2.14
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:50:01 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "James" <address@hidden>
To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:57 AM

Hello,

On 30 March 2012 02:24, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, currently I can't self-compile LilyPond or prepare a formal
patch or sth else in this direction.
Seems I have to learn a lot. ;)

Yep. To warn you: at the moment the "quick start" section of the
CG is broken; following its instructions will give you neither a
quick nor painless start.

Your options are:
1) go through the painful process of figuring out which parts are
still valid and which are not. Without a mentor, this will be
especially painful.
2) wait for lilydev to be updated (ETA: 6 weeks) and somebody to
fix up at least the short "quick start" section (ETA: 1 month
after lilydev is updated).
3) ask/wait for somebody else to handle the LSR import.

Unfortunately there is no magic wand that will let us offer you an
option other than those three. (unless I've forgotten about
something, which is possible given my mental state these days.
James: I have not forgotten about your recent work on lilydev, but
I stand behind my pessimistic estimate)

I've updated LilyDev and been working with it this week testing the
basics - it makes the code and the doc. I've given Mike a copy of the
iso (as he was the only one I knew who used LilyDev in anger) and I
FTP'd the iso to Phil's website last night. As far as I know, this is
good to go.

James

I use LilyDev quite a bit - a slightly out of date version. The only machine for which this is not true is the Ubuntu 64-bit "real" machine I use for build. My PC VM is lilydev, as is my GUB VM on the big build box.

--
Phil Holmes