Re: Corrected comments and a function check_meshing_chords divided in tw

From: graham
Subject: Re: Corrected comments and a function check_meshing_chords divided in two. (issue 5975054)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 05:00:24 +0000

could you split this into 2 (or more) separate patches?

- some of your comments are good, and could have been pushed a month
ago.
- the macro changes are highly problematic and probably won't be
accepted for at least a few months.

I never like seeing good changes postponed due to them being squashed
together with questionable ones.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5975054/diff/1/lily/accidental-placement.cc
File lily/accidental-placement.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5975054/diff/1/lily/accidental-placement.cc#newcode116
lily/accidental-placement.cc:116: //TODO: add comment to this struct
this still doesn't add any useful information.  I mean, of course it
would be nice to explain stuff in the code.  But there's no point going
around adding
// TODO: comment this
to every single struct/class/method/function.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5975054/diff/1/lily/note-collision.cc
File lily/note-collision.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5975054/diff/1/lily/note-collision.cc#newcode404
lily/note-collision.cc:404: for_UP_and_DOWN (d)