Re: LSR is now on 2.14

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LSR is now on 2.14
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:30:01 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "David Nalesnik" <address@hidden>; "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:24 PM

Hi Phil,

I just checked the snippets I added to the lsr-tarball as well as our
recent lsr-addings against the snippets from
`Documentation/snippets/new/' on
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=tree;f=Documentation/snippets/new;h=cac0bba81f655a2666049823e7d21ec51bcd73cd;hb=2055f35c47a045a50a01ff4dba8524322cfc3b48

Perhaps I messed up sth or I missed recent changes. There are a few
files, now being in the LSR, which should be changed:

adjusting-lyrics-vertical-spacing.ly
comment changed position

automatic-beam-subdivisions.ly
markup-arguments were changed

changing-the-time-signature-without-affecting-the-beaming.ly
should be deleted: "This snippet is deprecated as of 2.13.5 and will
be removed in 2.14"

displaying-complex-chords.ly
should be replaced by the current version

engravers-one-by-one.ly
\consists "Tie_engraver" is doubled
(In the file on Savannah, too)

May I ask you to do this?

-Harm

My understanding is that, once a correct snippet is in the LSR, it should be deleted from snippets/new. What will then happen is that I will grab an updated tarball of the snippets tagged with the docs tag and run makelsr. These will then all be imported into snippets (not snippets/new). If there is a snippet in snippets/new it over-writes the one from the tarball.

So the next task is to check whether there are any snippets in snippets/new that should not be deleted - these would be ones that only run on 2.15.x.

--
Phil Holmes