Re: LSR on 2.14 or not?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LSR on 2.14 or not?
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:26:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> To: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>; "David Nalesnik" <address@hidden>; "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:36 AM
Subject: LSR on 2.14 or not?

Sorry to butt in, but I want to confirm stuff.

1) is LSR running 2.14.2 right now?

2) how many files were uncompilable?  I am aware of one file,
which I believe we deleted.  Were there any other problematic
files?

3) can we do a mundane LSR import?  i.e. don't touch anything in
Documentation/snippets/new/; just do an ordinary full LSR import.
If there's nothing suspicious in the diff go ahead and push
directly to staging, but I wouldn't mind seeing a patch on
rietveld just for peace of mind.

** only after ** all the above steps are complete should we
investigate Documentation/snippets/new.

- Graham

It's on my work stack. Today I'm going to update the LSR itself to add the "docs" tag to the files we added manually - these came from snippets/new. I'll also do a local makelsr run and check and push. I'm going to wait until I have time (possibly Thursday evening, but may be the weekend) and get the docs tarball and run makelsr against it. That'll go on Rietveld and I'm likely to run patchy-test against it myself. If that's OK we'll cross-check which files should be deleted from /new, delete them and patch, review and push. Then I think we can confirm that the needed work has been done.

We then need to update the CG, I'll complete a script which prunes headers and versions from snippets, and we should check that we can test that all snippets compile for future upgrades.

How does that sound?

--
Phil Holmes