Re: musicxml2ly

From: pls
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:15:07 +0200

Hi Martin,

yes, we are currently working on the musicxml2ly scripts and we have solved e.g. the issue concerning the chord symbols you mentioned. I haven't had time to work on the patch James pointed to but it works as it is. We use it on www.philomelos.net. Philomelos is a new community site for free and editable sheet music. The private beta version includes the ability to read and share MusicXML files that are displayed online using LilyPond technology. If someone wants to be invited: drop me a line offlist.

We will share all improvements on musicxml2ly but we could also need some help! We are planning to add a blog/wiki to our website so that philomelos can be used to test MusicXML files and to share music sheets and knowledge concerning MusicXML, conversions between musical notation codes...

Cheers,
patrick