Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Macro for(UP_and_DOWN) and 3 similar. (issue 2491) (issue 6109046)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:19:52 +0200

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 08:05:53AM +0100, James wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 26 April 2012 07:55, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I have a meeting in mid-May w/ the University of Paris
>> > VIII.  They're donating a computer to LilyPond and I'll set patchy
>> > up on it.
>
>> Perhaps this computer could be better spent doing other LP related
>> things Donate cycles for devs for instance via SSH - David might be
>> appreciative of that.
>
> That's an option.

The one thing that in my processing power frames takes enough processing
hunger to seriously offset the ssh hassle is making releases, and that
is something I am not eager to have to start doing, anyway.  It might be
helpful to have things like test-patches available as a sort of web
service: Lukasz mentioned that it ran something like 2 hours on his
virtualized setup, and if we offer something like lily-dev as a virtual
work environment for the hoi polloi, having well-powered web services
for the worst aspects of performance eating during development would be
nice.