Re: Substitute for s1*0

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Substitute for s1*0
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 18:08:42 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

>>> What a great idea!  No notes generated; the duration doesn't
>>> change.
>>
>> Indeed!  I wasn't aware that <> is valid syntax at all.
>
> +1

<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2517> makes <>
work as expected with \displayLilyMusic and transparent for chord
repeats q.

In contrast to other "new features", it will not be necessary to refrain
from using it instead of s1*0 in examples intended for LilyPond 2.14 or
older, so I am copying the user list with this "discovery" of an old
feature.

Mentioning this in the "Changes" section will make sense when
simultaneously changing most of the uses of s1*0 in the docs, and I
think I am done for the day right now.  If someone wants to pick this
up, I will not be unhappy.  Followups of this side-thread directed to
the general user list.