Re: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript (issue 6137050)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript (issue 6137050)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:23:23 +0000

Looks good to me.
I honestly tried to use a footnote a couple months ago, but gave up
trying to figure it out.  Now I think the docs are pretty clear.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1044
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1044: Automatic footnotes take three
arguments; the @var{Layout Object} to be
maybe "Automatically-numbered footnotes"

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1076
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1076: higher up in the list.}
Do you mean that footnotes on the same chord are numbered and listed in
order the vertical positions of their indicators, G Eb C ?   If that is
it, you might want it in normal text rather than a warning.
(I had to look up 'descendancy', so my problem might have just been my
English comprehension.)

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1128
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1128: Manual footnotes takes four
arguments; the @var{Layout Object} to be
maybe "Footnotes with manually-chosen indicators take"
and in any case, "take"

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1159
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1159: higher up in the list.}
From experiment, it seems that, a set of footnotes on one chord are
listed at the bottom of the page according to the vertical order of
their indicators.  -- which is quite nice.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1181
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1181:
Works for me to put here, \breathe

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/diff/8003/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1185
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1185: \markup  { \bold 4. { This is a
stem } }
and then here
    \footnote
     \markup { \teeny \musicglyph #"rests.4" }
         #'(-0.5 . 0.5) #'BreathingSign
     \markup { \null }

In rhythms were you usually see a breath mark, it is printed just before
the next note.  Breathing just after two eight notes is a little odd,
but it would take some re-arranging of the example to make it realistic,
and maybe not worth it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6137050/