Re: Plan for discussions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Plan for discussions
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:24:11 +0200

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 01:51:42PM +0200, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 14/05/12 11:47, address@hidden wrote:
> >This is very hard because of the butterfly effect - an A-flat in an
> >already-crammed line could lead to new line breaking, which means new
> >vertical spacing etc..
>
> I don't assume it would be easy!  But enabling GUI/IDE developers to
> build functionality like that

*shrug*
the source is available.  Those GUI/IDE developers can talk to us.

Of course the easiest way to go about this would be to enable a
"bad line breaks" mode, where it compiles the score once, then
when you change something, it only recompiles that system (with
the bar numbers for the beginning and ending of each system being
cached).  That alone would be a huge time-saving.

*shrug*
as I've said, the source is available.  Interested developers are
welcome to talk to us.